Light bulbs cannot be recycled in Seattle’s recycling carts – but don’t throw out your burned-out holiday lights – recycle them! Holiday light recycling programs take your old light strands and recycle the copper wire inside them.
King County offers a list of nearby locations where you can recycle your holiday lights for free:
- Magnolia and Maple Leaf Ace Hardware stores
- HolidayLEDs.com Christmas Light Recycling – Mail-in recycling program
- Lowe’s Home Improvement stores – most locations
- McLendon Hardware – all 7 Puget Sound area locations
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington – Bellevue, Seattle, Tacoma and other locations
Other businesses and organizations may also offer holiday light recycling programs. When shopping for new holiday lights at retailers, ask if they have a program.
Thanks for recycling your holiday lights!