Join Seattle Parks and Recreation for its annual “Big Day of Play” from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, June 29, to showcase what the department and other community organizations are offering in the way of fun activities and healthy food. This year the event will be held at Mount Baker Rowing and Sailing Center, 3800 Lake Washington Blvd. S, for the first time.
Big Day of Play is a great way to get important information about health and wellness, discover unique opportunities to become active, enjoy healthy food and learn how recreation can change your life. Big Day of Play grew out of Parks’ Healthy Parks, Healthy You initiative, which aligns with national efforts such as First Lady Michele Obama’s Let’s Move! campaign.
There will be sample activities from Seattle Parks and Recreation facilities and programs, paddling and boating events, a main stage celebration of cultural diversity with music and entertainment, creative play opportunities, youth demonstrations and healthy food vendors.
More information can also be found on the event’s Facebook page.
There will be free shuttle bus transportation from five of our community centers to and from Big Day of Play. Call one of these locations to register for a shuttle ride to Mount Baker Sailing and Rowing Center. Seating is limited.
- Bitter Lake Community Center, 206-684-7524, 13035 Linden Ave. N 98133
- High Point Community Center, 206-684-7422, 6920 34th Ave. SW 98126
- International District Chinatown Community Center, 206-233-0042, 719 8th Ave. S 98104
- Northgate Community Center, 206-386-4283, 10510 5th Ave. NE 98125
- Yesler Community Center, 206-386-1245, 917 E Yesler Way 9812