Free Trees Available Soon!
The Trees for Neighborhoods program helps Seattle residents plant trees around their homes. Since 2009, Trees for Neighborhoods has planted over 4,000 trees in yards and along streets. That’s 4,000 more trees working to clean our air and water, make our streets more walkable, our neighborhoods healthier, and our children inspired.
Trees for Neighborhoods participants receive:
- Free trees (up to 4 per household). The program offers a variety of small, medium, and large trees appropriate under power lines, along the street, and in the yard. Check out this year’s available trees.
- A watering bag for each tree
- Training on proper planting and care
- Assistance applying for street tree planting permits
- Ongoing care reminders and workshop opportunities, such as pruning