- Learn about energy related policies, programs, and regulations of diverse municipalities.
- Gain knowledge about building energy efficiency practices through their investigations and analysis.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how the City of Seattle evaluates and advances environmental policies and initiatives.
- Meet and learn from building professionals and representatives of Seattle’s building stakeholder organizations.
- Strengthen their ability to effectively collect, organize, and communicate complex information.
- Sharpen analysis and writing skills.
- Research and collect information on the building energy-efficiency approaches—policies, programs and regulations—of jurisdictions across the US and internationally.
- Research and analyze available information on the impact and implementation needs of the various approaches.
- Compile and organize all relevant resources and information into a format usable for reference by City staff.
- Write a summary report that contains a synopsis and evaluation of each approach investigated for use as a resource by City staff.
- Develop presentation materials for meetings with stakeholders
- Assist with preparations, facilitation and documentation of stakeholder engagement meetings.
Experience related to building energy efficiency.
Experience in City government.
Basic graphic design proficiency.
- Your unofficial transcript: including current coursework and cumulative GPA
- Cover letter & Resume
- Writing sample
- Three References
** Incomplete application package will not be considered.